Friday, June 26, 2009

RAN OUT OF GAS

Last Saturday I planned to run 5 Miles but ended up quitting after. Now, I don't like to make excuses but I ran at 11:30 am (90 degrees)outside on a course with hills, in a long sleeve shirt and I had about 4 hours sleep thanks to Tori Jr. On top of that I slightly strained my left knee. So, I decided to refrain from running for a few days and focus on lifting weights. I also purchased a knee brace to help stabilize my left knee. Today was the first time I ran( 2 miles), with the knee brace on, and I felt great. Rest is underated!

I started taking glucosomine and making sure I get 150-200 grams of protein and drink a gallon of water to help my muscles heal.

No group run tomorrow but I am planning to run 3 miles and lift weights. Stay tuned for the big announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment